Friday, February 25, 2005

This whole SORROW theme is affecting me! :(


My new Wacom tablet arrived. I thought I'd play with painting like strokes... I'm totally experimenting so please don't be too tough on me critique-wise. Of course, I welcome your helpful instruction! I just kept painting on layers of colors and using the airbrush and smudging areas. I hate the hair, but that's another lesson to be learned...
My apologies for the sadness of the topic... I'm on a bit of a downer right now and the Illustration Friday theme kind of intensified them. No... I'm not a battered woman, but it has come close to home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well your image really does convey sorrow to me.....so well done!! I have a wacom tablet but don't really know how to use it....perhaps i should experiment. I seem to prefer doing drawings by hand and then colouring them in photoshop!

Violette :)

Kate said...

I like the soft, out-of-focus feel it has. Like, "Don't look too close at me!"

Anonymous said...

you've done well, so beautiful in it's sadness. congrats on your new toy, i've been tempted to get one, but we'll see how harsh taxes are this year first!
cheers,
kerry

Joe said...

Real good job with your new directive! Sure makes me sad!