Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Loss and Sorrow - 2nd submission

Click for larger image. Not as emotionally heavy as my first submission... I didn't mean to upset anyone with that image but I went with my first reaction to the theme. Anyway, I wanted to try another medium/technique - here we go with the basic digital program again, but after all, this is what IF is all about! Inspired by a memory of my son losing his first hamster to time...

"Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation." - Kahlil Gibran

5 comments:

Roosa said...

This is so different from your first 'sorrow' illu. Althought I love the colours, I would really like to see the emotion you put in your hand drawings come back in your digital drawings. I work only digital myself, but when I have to choose between your first and your second illu I will go for the first. That's such a strong image!

Giao said...

What a sad story this tells!

I'm off to check out your first entry!

Gnome G http://www.xanga.com/gnomeg

Kitty said...

That definately illustrates sorrow! I like the colors though, it turned out very nice even though it's sad.

Thanks for stopping by! ;)

Lisa said...

Very nice... and certainly poignant.

Charlotte said...

You mentioned that you were relatively new to Illustrator as well.. how do you do your shading? Do you use photoshop as well? I've been practicing just seeing what the program can do, your illo's are great:)